Vice President, Commercial Lender Ogema, MN
This position reports to the Branch Manager or Chief Credit Officer and markets CDB products and services to its commercial customers and prospects. The incumbent is also responsible for handling a mid-level commercial loan portfolio and works in conjunction with the Branch Manager or Chief Credit Officer in making credit decisions. The portfolio will consist of relationships that vary in complexity. The incumbent will analyze and review credits, recommend appropriate loan structure and documents to protect against the associated risk. The incumbent will be in compliance with Loan Policy and all applicable banking regulations at all times. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining good credit quality within the portfolio and early identification of credit deterioration. The incumbent may or may not have individual lending authority in this position depending on previous lending experience. Successfully marketing to existing relationships and prospects while maintaining appropriate credit risk in the portfolio is another key function of this position. The incumbent will be expected to make a specific number of outbound marketing meetings with referral sources and prospects each month. The incumbent will represent CDB throughout the community in appropriate community organizations and activities.
1. Effectively manages an existing loan portfolio to retain compliance/regulatory ratings of satisfactory or better.
2. Identifies, meets and develops prospect and referral sources to generate new business relationships and meet budgeted growth goals.
3. Meets or exceeds monthly call goals on customers, prospects and referral network.
4. Effectively negotiates appropriate terms and structures for approved credit facilities.
5. Provides the high level of customer service needed to maintain and grow the relationships.
6. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of CDB and regulatory policies and is able to apply them appropriately to maintain compliance at all times.
7. Makes appropriate credit recommendations and credit decisions up to delegated lending authority.
8. Ensures that all loans are properly approved and all loan documents are prepared in accordance with the approval requirements with any exceptions to the approval being documented and approved by the appropriate exception approval authority.
9. Accurately interprets accounting principles including the analysis of financial statements and UCA.
10. Collects or arranges for collection of delinquent loans and overdrafts.
11. Understands and accurately applies SBA 7A and 504 rules both in new credit opportunities as well as in servicing and liquidating existing SBA loans.
12. Develops and implements action plans for deteriorating loans to either improve the loan quality or exit the relationship.
13. Recommends appropriate risk ratings with all upgrades and downgrades being done on a timely basis and minimal unexpected downgrades occurring especially during regulatory examinations.
14. Manages tickler lists to maintain minimal level of tickler exception items and past due receipt of required financial reporting.
15. Collaborates with other areas of the organization to provide excellent customer service experiences.
16. Demonstrates solid skills with required software and internal systems including Microsoft Office, Precision, Identify and such other as may be required to satisfactorily complete the job requirements.
17. Appropriately and professionally represents CDB in community and other outreach activities.